Monday, March 14, 2016

Introducing foreWORDs and afterWORDs

http://cdn.mortonsalt.com/wp-content/uploads/our-beginning-3-840x500.jpgI've been teaching Sunday School at all different kinds of levels for as long as I can remember.  Of course I don't remember what I had for lunch, I forget where my keys are, I have no idea if I paid the electric bill this month, and for the life of me what did I do to my leg to make it hurt this morning?!  So take any of my memories with a grain of Morton's...or more as the case may be.



For the last few years I've been sending sporadic emails on foreWORDS--words and scripture references leading to a particular thought or tone as we get ready for the lesson this coming Sunday--and afterWORDS for further consideration.  To make it simpler to find, searchable, and available for someone who wasn't even in the class back then or won't be in the class tomorrow, this blog is where we'll post foreWORDs and afterWORDS and all other kinds of WORDS.  In other words, these are the things you think about leading into a Sunday School class or realize ten minutes after it's over you wish you thought to say. 

My prayer is that you are encouraged, driven to think, and provoked to dig deeper into seeking His character revealed in the passage, all over scripture and in every single facet of your existence.  Most importantly I pray these are not my WORDS but His, and that you might find the love for His Word and the joy of words that I truly believe He wants us to have in pursuing Him as He reveals Himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment